Pipe Rigate with avocado sauce

10:00 Unknown 0 Comments


I thought I would keep it simple for my first recipe.






Today I'm coming to you with a pasta recipe. Pretty straight forward, no? This is a lazy-day lunch or dinner. If you're on a low-fructose diet, I am quite confident pasta will be on your list of staples. In fact, I think it's on everyone's when it comes to quick and filling meals.

This recipe contains less than 5 ingredients and works wonders if you tolerate avocado. I consume avocado on a regular basis and absolutely love it; it doesn't make me feel unwell or upset my stomach. The velvety consistency allows you to use less avocado than you think you might need. I added a dollop of low-fat crème fraîche to smooth it out, but it's completely optional. You could substitute the cream with greek yoghurt or unsweetened soy yoghurt,  1/4 cup of white beans or leave it out!

This recipe would work with any type of pasta; I chose pipe because I like the fact the sauce can hide  inside the tubes and create little parcels of goodness. But I can see myself trying this with spaghetti or linguine in the near future!



So let's get on with the recipe, shall we?

Ingredients:

Serves 2
180 grams of pipe rigate, I always recommend using white pasta as it contains less fructose
1/2 of a large avocado, diced
1 tablespoon of half-fat crème fraîche
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Optional garnish: 
Black pepper
Chilli flakes
Parmesan cheese

Instructions:


Start by bringing a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook your pasta according to the instructions. Meanwhile, you can prepare the sauce.
Combine the diced avocado, powdered garlic, salt, pepper in a blender, gradually adding water until you obtain a smooth sauce. Add the cream at the end and whiz to combine.
Drain your pasta when it is ready, and pour in your sauce. Toss it together to heat the sauce and serve.
Add the optional garnishes if you fancy them!

Well, that was easy. Happy eating, HFIers!

Do you like avocado? How do you like to eat it? Let me know, I would love to hear from you!

0 comments :